Sat, Jul 15|
Avondale Meadows YMCA
Join Ma'at Urban Agriculture & Industry and MA'AT 9 INC for a family friendly day of self-sufficiency education, healthy food preparation, guest speakers, & community service!
Time & Location
Jul 15, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Avondale Meadows YMCA, 3908 Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46205, USA
About The Event
Living and maintaining a life centered around self sufficiency is our highest goal. We present Sustainable Saturdays to the community in order to spread awareness, skills, and knowledge. Taking place the 3rd Saturday of each month this community building events serves to teach our people
This Month You'll Learn:
Soil Ecology- An in depth study of; what soil is, its relationship to our human lives, the impact ofwater on all life on this planet, the current global soil crisis and how we remedy it through regenerative techniques.
- Importance of Soil: How healthy soil impacts humans, plants, animals, the planet, and politics.
- Soil Components: Macro & Micro nutrients in the soil that make it healthy.
- Natural Soil Additives & Fertilizers: regenerative methods that increase soil and plant health.
Water Ecology- A deep look inside the water crisis, our relationship to water, its role in maintaining life, and sustainable methods of water use & recycling that impact growing.
- Importance of Water: A look at water's role in our lives and how our interactions affect it.
- Water Nutrients: How water components affect us and how we impact clean freshwater.
- Water Regeneration: How to integrate natural water regeneration and conservation methods into your
This FREE ticket serves as your participant registration. Please present your confirmation email upon arrival to get checked in.