Sat, Oct 15|
Evolve Education Center
Join Ma'at Urban Agriculture & Industry, MA'AT 9 INC, Evolve Group International, and Plant to Plate Project for a day of self sufficiency education, healthy food preparation, guest speakers, & community service!
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2022, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Evolve Education Center , 3202 42nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46205, USA
About The Event
Living and maintaining a life centered around self sufficiency is our highest goal. We present Sustainable Saturdays to the community in order to spread awareness, skills, and knowledge. Taking place the 3rd Saturday of each month this community building events serves to teach our people:
- How to construct a raised garden bed out of repurposed materials
- How to fill a bed using the Hügelkultur method
- Seasonal planting practices
- Proper vegetation picking & pruning
- Using your harvest to create healthy meals & snacks
Participants can also enjoy and participate in:
- Hearing from other community leaders focusing on self sufficiency and food security
- Volunteer Opportunities to improve the garden, grounds, and building.
This FREE ticket serves as your participant registration. Please present your confirmation email upon arrival to get checked in.